otrdiena, 2009. gada 8. decembris

Just another clip blog

Now if you know your TV history you know that whenever you have a long running show you will always get a shitty clip show, a sort of recap of all the "best"bits from that particular series. Well I don't know if its been done before but i am going to write a "clip blog" this is going to be a way of just recapping certain adventures Ive had in My Latvian adventure.

Now Im creative but unfortunately Im not as creative as I would like. I wish I could be some sort of artistic poet, or maybe a painter or a hobo musician from 50s America traveling across the open country on fright trains. One of the first jobs I ever wanted was to be a cartoonist and even today I have fantasies about being In a band, not selling any records and then in twenty years time some artist wants to make a documentary about the Impact that my small band had on the music industry. However with all this passion for art, music and to certain extent performing there was one thing always in the way.........my lack of talent.

Now in the last two months Ive been here I have had the opportunity to show my creative side and even practice certain skills and talents.

Drawing.
Now Man loti patik Gloznot. This in Latvian means , i really enjoy drawing ( I know your Impressed) and I do enjoy it but when it comes to art I've had a wall in front of me, I can get to certain point then everything turns to shit.....my peak is cartoons. I think its the child in me but Ive always been able to draw cartoons or doodles but when it comes to actual reality, i struggle my brain and my hands just stop co operating with each other. At the beginning I had spare time to practice my gloznot, and I even tried to draw something real....the picture of the parrots. The usual happened and it turned into some surreal childish doodle and then I started drawing Uncle Ben eating jars of KoK, maybe My art teacher was right that my approach to art was always too childish.......actually fuck him...being childish is my artistic style and for me well sometimes reality needs to be altered.

Music
For those who know me well, know that I have been practicing harmonica now for around five years, and its probably the only musical Instrument i have ever been average at.
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to perform with the amazing new band "the Milk Tits". Ive played in front of my friends and small groups of people but never to a big hall, and I wasnt always on the harmonica I had to play guitar and the drums too (not at the same time, though that would be hilarious) which took me out of my comfort zone a little. The best thing was that we playing music for the theater workshop, so we didn't have to play a song just make some atmospheric sounds and If it was out of key or if it didnt have any rhythm well thats ok because it was art and improvisational and we could just say it was meant to be like that. However after we finished the next band was running late so a few of us went back on stage to do a performance of creep.....now I watched it the other day and all I could think was fuck, im really bad at the drums. Though every band has one bad performance and we have to start somewhere I think that im just going to stick with my harmonica. Undeterred I have plans to write the "milk tits" Christmas album.

Acting
Well some of you may know that about six weeks ago I went to watch some improvisational theater, and I was thoroughly confused by the whole thing, Partly due to it all being in Latvian and partly due to the double whiskey I was drinking.
Now for the last three years of my life ive been a student..and one of the quintessential elements of being a student is day time TV. Now yove got to be smart,too much is bad, if you wake up too early then you may get enticed with the E4 morning schedule.Smallville, One tree Hill , now this is bad enough but its ok at 12 45 scrubs is on but what to do before then well unfortunately on E4 its the fucking Gilmore girls so dont get stuck in a rut, shop around try different channels and for me Dave can help at these vital moments even though youve seen that episode of Top gear far too many times before...what else are you going to do get out of bed and study. Now one of my favorite day time television shows has to be Who's line is it any way USA (which can be found on channel Five USA) now I used to watch it thinking to my self If I ever got in a position where I could have a go at doing what there doing then Id do it, however I never thought that I would be doing it in Latvia.
Well last weekend thats exactly what I did, I took part in Improvisational theater, and I have to admit i was quite nervous, I mean we had a practice before people arrived but I never though that there would be so many people, and it was mostly In Latvian. We had to work in teams and luckily for me my team had good English skills and we had a plan for the first game kill me off, kill me off early. So the first thing I had to do was pretend to get shot in the head...another great role for my CV.
As a child I starred as a cabbage In Jack and the Beanstalk, Ive been in two short movies in Latvia, my roles being Random guy and waiter and now Im pretending to get shot in the head....im moving up the ladder of success me thinks.

All in all, I still haven't found that special artistic skill that i have but I do try.....maybe thats my special skill, some people are good at football, some are good at maths ...Im good at trying haha

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru